AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bankruptcy or jail?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 2/26/2016 22:22 (#5140094 - in reply to #5138625)
Subject: RE: Bankruptcy or jail?

Callao Missouri
Fry. You and I are the same age farm roughly the same amount of land. Living in Missouri makes things interesting. 2014 I had the best crop of my life. Sept 10 ish we got 5" of rain and north of us 7 8 9". 3/4 of my soybean crop went under water. All non Gmo, all contracted, and premium of $2. The flood ruined the beans they molded in the pods. I had to cut them. I distroyed a 2188 combine and head. Of course the beans were rejected at the delivery point. I would send a trailer load out that should have netted a check of $13.000+ and get a check for 4500 instead after damage. Moisture.test wt and other deductions. I lost over a 100k in that event. 2015 get a bunch of expensive chem and fertilizer out and applied. Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain and boy did it rain till the 5 th of July. Finally. Get all but 160 racers of beans planted by the 15th and it never rained again till they started drooping leaves. Guess what crop ins is on July 15? 25% less than June final plant date.
Corn yeild for farm in 15 was arouund 100 bu. Bean yeild around 20bu. Just enough to pay cash rent nothing else. Guess what $150k short. So I have lost $250 + _ k in two years at age 32. Now lets trade places you want to spend time in the Slammer for me? I can tell you no amount of turning wrenches and custom work can dig you out of a hole this deep. Thankfully cows have been carrying their wt plus some. Jon

Edited by Jon 2/26/2016 22:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)