AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bankruptcy or jail?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 2/26/2016 13:03 (#5139118 - in reply to #5139083)
Subject: RE: Bankruptcy or jail?

Frytown, Iowa
pfl - 2/26/2016 12:44

grow up Frey, you have only been farming a short time, what happens one day and your wife takes off and you go through the big D?, she get 1/2 of it all, and then you get to pay child suport , do you if this drives you into Bankruptcy, do you want to be put into Jail?
some times others do things that set off a chain reaction, if it drives you to go broke ,why do you need to go to Jail?
take off your rose colored glasses man!, as my Dad would say "its time to get off your high horse"
just hope you do not broke......it can happen to any one of us ,I remember the 80s well

I am young yet and yes, I have a lot to learn yet. And I hope the original post didn't come off as looking down on anyone who has filed before... I don't know much about bankruptcy though I know a few people who I have a lot of respect for that I heard filed before...

My thoughts were... If bankruptcy had a little more pain... Would it discourage some from taking on so much risk? Just a question to spark conversation... The "BTO" in Illinois that is apparently going under has some small children.., if he is leaving others high and dry in this bankruptcy would he have thought more conservatively if jail was an option for reckless business? That's all. Does bankruptcy hurt enough to keep people from being too aggressive?

Or is it perfect the way it is now?

Edited by frytownfarmer 2/26/2016 18:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)