AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

About borrowing money and paying it back.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rpete
Posted 12/27/2015 07:29 (#4989612 - in reply to #4988965)
Subject: RE: About borrowing money and paying it back.

Central Minnesota
Yes most on here will say the same, we are paying to much in all forms of taxes. All of those taxes are set by the people we elect into public office to look after the needs of the population they represent. On my property tax statement there are 7 different taxing authorities getting funding out of me. Are they all needed? Well, most want better roads to town, the school needs that new addition, the local garbage landfill needs to expand again, the water quality projects in the drainage ditches and lakes need to be addressed for clean water, the enhanced health ins coverage for govt employees. Man! The list is unending. How do we stop it? Had some one tell me I had to do a better job marketing by $3.25 corn. Figure that!

One item I do not make comments on is the money going for public assistance to various groups of people. Not that I agree with the programs and use of the money, but As a farmer, we have received much assistance in subsidies over the years in different forms. We as a group look forward to the check in the mail. But we do not need to use it on the basics of life as a lot of people do. No we take the money to run up the rents, buy new pickups, machinery, vacations, and etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)