AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Assassinating an old lady's cat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 9/8/2015 20:52 (#4778607 - in reply to #4778267)
Subject: RE: What happened?

West of Broken Bow
Jim Dandy - 9/8/2015 06:39

I grabbed a cat by the tail and threw it out of the milk house when I was done with chores and it curled around and bit me. I had to beat it against a concrete block wall 3 times before it would let go (it passed out). I went to the doctor 3 days later when my hand started swelling. A shot of antibiotics didn't slow it down. So 3 days later MRI and IV antibiotics and stay at the hospital got a little better and I continued IV once a day. It got worse so back in hospital with ultrasound and cut in side of wrist and packing to heal inside out with 24/4 antibiotics with pick line because of Vanccomycium (sp?) burn. Then out again when it got a little better. A few days later was sent to UW hospital in Madison, 7 day stay with hand surgery. Had a couple pockets of pus, thankfully under tendon and sheath, removed and more IV antibiotics. It took 9 months for my hand to look like normal again.

It was amazing how many cat bite stories people told me about cat bites in their lives including a CNA, a physical therapy guy who won't allow his kids to have pests, and my feed man whose brother almost had his hand amputated due to a cat bite.

Long time ago I saw this kitten that was orphaned walking near a creek bridge. I felt sorry for it and didn't realize it was a feral type. Ho-lee-mo-lee, my senses got a quick wake up after I regretfully picked it up. Darn thing sunk its teeth to the bone on one of my fingers. You'd almost thought it was trying to eat it. Wouldn't turn loose so I had to slam it against the concrete. Actually wasn't trying to kill it, but found it dead a couple days later. I scrubbed and thoroughly washed the wounds in hot, soapy water. Thankfully no infection.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)