AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

educate me on insurance, are my work tools covered?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Texas Papaw
Posted 4/27/2015 08:11 (#4540376 - in reply to #4539810)
Subject: RE: educate me on insurance, are my work tools covered?

Central Texas
Caleb

Suggest you e-mail your agent and explain that you have all these tools you use for your work AWAY from your home. Ask her if you have any coverage thru your homeowners policy or other policy while away from home. If no coverage ask what she suggests to get them covered. Because they are used for your work as opposed to just personal use they could be considered BUSINESS personal property and not just personal property under your homeowners. Need to get their interpretation as to whether they are covered under your contents/personal property part of your homeowners. If you have a loss it may boil down to the adjuster and how he interprets the use of the tools. Also most homeowners only extend 10% of contents coverage for losses away from your home. Example-$50,000 contents coverage would only give $5,000 coverage for losses occurring away from your home premises.

Reason I suggest using e-mail is so you have it in writing from her and if later learn you were misinformed by agent, her errors and omissions coverage should kick in. Print her response and keep a separate copy of it in safe deposit box or other secure storage away from your home so it doesn't get destroyed in the event your home is ever destroyed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)