AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just venting about Ford New Holland parts counter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 7/28/2014 22:00 (#3990918 - in reply to #3990268)
Subject: RE: Just venting about Ford New Holland parts counter

Tuscola, IL
Parts guys are in a no win situation, honestly. I give them as hard a time as anyone, but if you really watch what they have going on it's crazy. There is no good answer to who gets your attention, the guy on the phone or the guy at the counter. I've watched this over and over and someone is going to get upset. Also, think about how many people come into the parts department completely unprepared to order a part. They hand the guy part of a belt or half a bearing and say I need one of these. What is it? What's the serial number? What model is it? What transmission does it have? Not pointing a finger at the OP or anyone else, but you'd be shocked at what walks through the door in a 10 hour period. Don't even get me started on the residential lawn mower owners that can't even tell you the brand name. Some of that, especially if they sold it, goes back on the dealer. They should have a record of the equipment. I try to lend the parts guys a hand whenever possible to help identify a part of catch something else that may be required to do the job at hand. Believe it or not, the parts lookup on the computer often leads to more questions than answers. I think the best approach, whenever possible, is to come in with part numbers in hand and tell the person at the counter, this is what I came up with, can you double check it. The part number (this is speaking for CNH, I am not familiar with JD or others parts programs) at least gets them to the correct page in the parts book, which sometimes is the toughest battle. From there, they can check for serial number breaks, superseded or updated parts, and any possible bulletin associated with that part. Even when you have all the possible information at hand, not every interaction will go perfectly. But there are some things the customer can do to speed up and streamline the process. I don't envy the guys behind the counter when things get busy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)