AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions on winter forage into soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/24/2014 22:28 (#3984535 - in reply to #3983654)
Subject: RE: Opinions on winter forage into soybeans

King City, Mo
Personally I'm not a fan of calling in air planes unless it's a last resort. Kinda confirmed that the other weekend and saw the pilot forget to shut off the spray and hit my beans half way across the field with fungicide meant for the neighbors corn. Plus you gotta run 2x the rate when you broad cast vrs drilling.

First off how long of season of bean did you plant and when will it be harvested? You gotta plant a little shorter season then normal for your area if you wanna get much growth or anything other then rye planted here at least.

I'd look at things that are low sprawling as I don't want green stuff getting clipped off when I'm trying to cut beans.

Popular maturity here is a 3.7 and I am planting 3.2 so I can get wheat in early and also covers. Plus that nongmo bean pays a better premium.

I planted the field day corn test plot into green rye that had been grazed off this spring. Compaction from the cows being out their when I should of pulled them off was my biggest issue.

No foliar fungicides, no bug sprays, no insecticide boxes on the plot planter, no nh3 or liquid fert just dry fert. Some of the corn is conventional in the plot. All the rest of my corn went into green failed wheat.

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (185KB - 21 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (90KB - 18 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)