AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Harvestore silo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Farmerjay
Posted 3/19/2013 21:25 (#2977075 - in reply to #2974922)
Subject: RE: New Harvestore silo

East central Wisconsin
We still use 4 of them, 3- 20x80 s and a 20x40. we use two for haylage , one for corn silage and one for hmc. yes sometimes the maintainence gets a bit pricy but i have no desire to deal with plastic or mud . the feed quality is exceptional. if you decide to put some in, you climb up and open it, hook up the blower and bam 10 minutes and you are rockin! 5 acres or 50, when done, close it. no pack no plastic. I know it is not super fast feeding but works well for us on a small scale. I do it more for fun than money. thats my take. I may put up another one some day just to get people talking!!!! they have their nitche.... and on the broke thing, most units in our area from 1978 to 1985 were 80 grand a pop. thats were the toombstone thing came from. if you financed them babies in that time frame it put alot of hurt on ya. but they were still awesome. grew up with them and loved them. as a side note , had many stave top unloaders as well, hated climbing up the chutes, full of dust and crap in your eyes lots of nastiness. there are 7 staves that could be used but all stand empty. Garvo made one good point about a stave though, corn silage put up in a stave and fed out fast enough can be first class as well with 0 waste. Final note, best guy i ever met for harvestore stuff comes out of Kaukana Wi. Brain @ valleyview unloader service. should be able to google it. He handles everything harvestore like a BOSS!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)