AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why didnt I go away from notill sooner?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 9/24/2012 22:55 (#2607595)
Subject: Why didnt I go away from notill sooner?

Saronville NE
I know this will get some people riled up but why didnt I go away fron notill irrigated COC sooner? I had notill COC for between 7-8 yrs (kinda lost track) and never could break the 185 bu barrier on one particular farm, ok I go away from notill and go back to heavy tillage and yields instantly jump 30 bu last year, ok I get told on here its cause I used up my extra nutrients in the soil and my organic matter, ok then why this year are we talking 50 bu better then when notill? Im far from being a brain surgen but isnt hard to figure out that last year at 30 bu at $5 it was $150 more income, and this year 50bu at $5 is $250 more income, and figure my tillage cost is $42 an acre, so Im ahead over $100 an acre last year and $200 this year, so where is my benefit from notill? Isnt this a business and were in business to make money, right?

Will say notill has its place, like dryland to conserve moisture etc, but notill in irrigated COC has no place, works great in irrigated corn/bean rotation, but not COC.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)