AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variable Rate Planting Prescriptions..Where to start?!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BigCAT79
Posted 12/15/2015 21:28 (#4962928)
Subject: Variable Rate Planting Prescriptions..Where to start?!

Wanting to get a better handle on variable rate planting prescriptions and what to base our prescriptions off of. We have 8 years worth of yield data, many years worth of soil testing, soil maps ect.. We've been through the driest, wettest & best years in the past 4 years. Our yield maps are hit and miss on matching up that well with the soil maps so I find it hard to want to base prescriptions off of those. Many times the limiting factor in yield seems to always match up with drainage issues, low fertility/poor soil. We've been actively fixing those issues over the years. Our ground is also rolling so a lot of the higher producing top soil is at the bottom of the hill and is more productive. I'm pretty good with SMS but am struggling on what to base our decisions off of.. My initial thought is to go with yield data only, pick out some of the better years and run a analysis for a multi year average and make our decisions off of that.. I'm know everyone has their own opinion on what is the best way but just looking for some input.. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)