AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School graduation policy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

farmer45
Posted 5/17/2015 04:45 (#4574792)
Subject: School graduation policy

Washington Co Ks
Two of my neighbor kids, one an eighth grader and the other a high school senior, won't be able to participate in their graduation exorcise because their parents haven't paid all of their school bills. The kids father claims that the numbers they owe keep changing. He claims that if the bill was below $100 they could participate and the bill had been down to a few dollars over that and now has jumped to over $600. I find that hard to believe but I told him to ask for an itemized statement. He now claims that the school won't give him one. The kids will get their diploma but they can't walk across the stage to get it with the rest of the class. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand the correct bill should have been paid but on the other hand is it fair to take it out on the kids? The family is struggling and like many in their shoes could use some adjustment in their priorities but I feel sorry for the kids. I don't like to accuse anyone of wrong doing but the school has had a history of some sticky fingers in the office so I think an itemized statement would be in order.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)