AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on elderly friend in assisted living center
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 2/17/2015 20:29 (#4393957)
Subject: Update on elderly friend in assisted living center

West of Broken Bow
I hesitated to mention again about her on here, because it's such an unpleasant situation, even though I did say I'd update after charges were filed. Well, I went through two different agencies to try and get help for my 94 year old friend (a lady) who had to move permanently into an assisted living center.

There are so many details to this story so I'll just try and keep it as simple as possible. Her neice and two others stole lots of items, including expensive jewelry from the house. After getting what they could from her, they came to visit her in the assisted living center and informed her, while she layed in bed, that they were through and wanted nothing more to do with her. Keep in mind, the niece had power of attorney and her name on the checking accounts. The niece was supposed to take care of bills, but the bills weren't getting paid.

My friend became so depressed after learning that they tricked her into changing the will and stole everything of value, she fell and had to be hospitalized. When I came to see her again in the assisted living center, she had lost even more weight and had black bruises all over her face and arms. It took a lot to keep from crying upon seeing her condition. Think it was two days later she fell again and was hospitalized again. Then she was moved to a different center.
She has no children. Nobody else was doing a thing, so after I learned more about what actually occurred, I contacted an agency to hopefully get help. Well, looks like it went nowhere. Meanwhile, the relatives are back at it again. They are trying to find a way to force the sale of her house and land so they can get the cash. So, I contacted a local law enforcement agency and friends in LE and was told it's a civil matter. The detectives and others listened to what I had to say, but said they can't do anything. Frustrating!

I know the things that were taken are just things, but we're talking about the EXPLOITATION of a helpless person.

Guess I could contact the state Attorney General's office because I know they do investigate matters like this.

You can see why I held off on saying anymore.
As stated before, nobody else cared to get involved.

Edited by TractorAddict 2/17/2015 20:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)