AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

your toothbrush, do you wash it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chris
Posted 8/24/2014 08:22 (#4035201)
Subject: your toothbrush, do you wash it?

East central Iowa

The Doctors spoke about fecal material on toothbrushes on one of their episodes.  It seems that if you leave your toothbrush out in the bathroom it has fecal material on it.  I saw an episode of Mythbusters that investigated the allegation.  They covered the walls of their bathroom with toothbrushes to determine if there was a difference in location to the amount or the accumulation of fecal material on a toothbrush.  I recall it was for a month but I could be wrong.
At the end they found every toothbrush in the bathroom had fecal material on it.

I also recall that a toothbrush kept in their office, not in the bathroom also had fecal material on it.

Based on their experiment and the show The Doctors I now wash my toothbrush before using.  We have antibacterial foaming soap on the lavatory and I pump some of that on my toothbrush, rub it in with my thumb or fingers and then rinse before I put my toothpaste on and brush.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/fecal-matter-on-toothbrush.htm  

(Grin.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Grin.gif (16KB - 844 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)