AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TV or computer monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

md.mcwill
Posted 5/23/2021 07:36 (#9020054 - in reply to #9015142)
Subject: RE: TV or computer monitor

I went the TV route. My wife and I have 3 43"4K and 1 39" 2k tv for monitors.

Things I found out over the last few years. Several years ago I was going to go to bigger monitors. I was going to buy a 40" 4k tv. When I got to the store they had dropped the price of a 2k 55" a lot ($400)/ I got the 55" because no computer I had would power the 4k at full resolution and the 4k was expensive (above my price point). I got the 55 home and found it was to tall. A couple of years later our upper mid range living room 55"tv went out. I took my econo Visio 55" TV monitor and put it in the living room. Funny that the econo Visizio was a better living room tv than the expensive tv that was 10 years old. Tech had moved on that much.

I had found several 43" LG 4k tvs for $200. I bought 2 and I got one and my wife got the other one. So we both are running a 4k and a 2k tvs as monitors at this time. So we were running 2-43 4k tvs and a 39" 2k and a 37 2k as monitors. My wife's 37" 2k went out. I bought a new $220 Samsung 4k and give my wife my 39" 2k. So I am running 2-43" wk and my wife has a 43" 4k and 39" 2k. I did all this 2 years ago.

After that story I found out that you have to watch out because there are differences between 4K tvs. I like the LG better than the Samsung. The LG is harder to see the little dots whereas the Samsung is a little blurry. There are large 4k monitors that are clearer but they tend to be expensive or at least 2 years ago they were. I will continue down this path because I like the taller, larger tvs at a price point that I like. Before I buy anything like this I do a lot of research. The research will dictate the direction that I go in the future.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)