AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Setting up Trimble on CORS network
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

odotvrs1
Posted 5/19/2021 10:10 (#9013535 - in reply to #9011774)
Subject: RE: Setting up Trimble on CORS network

Pleasantville, Ohio
I get this all the time.. here in a nutshell is the basics on VRS/ real time networks

First off VRS is trademarked by Trimble, Indiana and Michigan are Leica Spider networks, they are not VRS, I cannot speak for them on how their systems run, as I am not familiar with Spider. The Trimble VRS network, however, I know like the back of my hand.. The Ohio Network is set up to use data from the 6 nearest CORS stations to where you log in at, the servers take the data from those 6 and formulate a custom correction format for that area, taking into account the atmosphere and other local correction/ disruption factors. The system then places a "virtual" base station close to the area where you log in and the corrections "come" from that base. I have our servers set to create a new Virtual base for every 15 km of movement from the rover, so if you drive down the road to another field that is over 15km away, you will see "new base" displayed on your dash. The combination of our close CORS station spacing (we average 35km between bases) the 6 station averaging, along with the 15km max baseline is what has given our network the high accuracy and repeatability that the Ohio network is known for. Like I said , I cannot comment on Indiana or Michigan, but they both have strong networks as well, and they seem to be very reliable. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)