AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Atrazine tank mix results [picture]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 5/17/2021 08:34 (#9009492)
Subject: Atrazine tank mix results [picture]

East Central Arkansas

I had had some concern with spraying in with a Brawl II [generic Dual  ]and a Buccaneer Plus [Glyphosate] tank mix. One of my concerns was possibly having problems with the 50 mesh nozzle strainers plugging. I only had two and a piece loads to do at this time but if I was going to have problems I think it would have begin to show up. First I used 15 gpa of water per ac using a 04 tip.  I only use half of my normal rate of 50 lbs of ams to 420 gallon of water. I did add a shot of foam buster to tank. With full agitation running of sprayer I begin adding 2.5 gallons of atrazine at a time through the 15 gallon inductor tank on the water trailer. Would dump the 2.5 gallon jug into about 10 gallons of circulating water in the inductor tank and then suck into the main stream of water filling the sprayer tank. This did take a while to do and I had to start adding the atrazine to the sprayer tank at about 100 gallon level to have room in the sprayer tank to get everything loaded. The Brawl II then went in after the atrazine. The Brawl II wasn't added to water in the inductor tank but was just sucked out into the water stream. The Buccaneer went in the same as the Brawl II. Last 8 oz of Dawn Ultra went in the inductor tank full of water and circulated before adding to the sprayer tank. The Dawn Ultra was just what we seem to have available anymore and what I had on hand. I have no idea as to what rate of it I should have used but wanted some idea as to what I was adding to the tank other than a long squirt. I should know in a few days if it has any added effect on the corn.

After spraying these two loads I needed about a acre of spray to finish what I needed to do so I added about 20 gallons of water to sprayer and only added the Brawl II, Glyphosate and a little more Dawn. After finishing this small amount up I added about 100 gallons of water and 4 oz of the Dawn to the sprayer and circulated and sprayed through everything good. This picture shows what the strainers looked like. I will add I had several gallons of Atrazine that had been in storage for longer than I will admit. It seemed to stir up in the jug really good with a broom handle stirring stick. This was the first jug I had tried a few days ahead of spraying to know if I though I could use this product. On this first jug I did poor into another jug to look at it and to be sure the bottom of the jug cleaned good. It looked good so I loaded the rest of the jugs in the back of the side by side and they got hauled around a few days running over rough turnrows in that vibrating thing. Before stirring the rest of the product I did make a stirring paddle from a piece of 3/16" x 1 1/2" flat about 2' long. This worked really well making sure those jugs were stirred. I just hope all the product worked as intended and no issues with the corn.

(IMG_6231 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_6231 (full).JPG (159KB - 76 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)