AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Super cheap ez guides on eBay.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 5/9/2021 16:42 (#8996227 - in reply to #8996119)
Subject: RE: Super cheap ez guides on eBay.

Tuscola, IL
No condescension intended at all. I suppose, I should’ve pointed out my experience with the 250 as I used to sell them and many other systems and my frustration with them was probably due to only seeing them when an issue arose. That’s probably what skews my opinion. If I sat in front of one for hours and seasons and watched them work, I’d probably be of the same opinion as those that do. A lot of value for what they do.

I’m a STO myself. This is the first season both tractors will have guidance and we’ve only been using it for planting for the previous 2. Had we not been late entries into autoguidance, it’s very likely our tillage tractor would’ve had a 250 early on and I don’t see any reason to upgrade if just pulling a field cultivator or chisel back and forth.

My philosophy when selling was to sell a system a person could grow into. Sometimes, I got a lot of resistance from customers thinking I was trying to upsell but, a couple years later, when they wanted to add this or that, they realized had they bought this other display, it would’ve saved them a couple thousand dollars down the road. But, there were plenty of guys who wanted something cheap and simple and would be completely content with it forever.

I guess I sorta drug this thread off topic as my reply wasn’t towards the OP and didn’t take his intended use into consideration.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)