AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4240 power beyond
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 5/6/2021 20:23 (#8991086 - in reply to #8990848)
Subject: RE: 4240 power beyond

Bremen, KS
Is this an electro-hydraulic valve stack to control cylinders or a pump?

It makes a difference as for a valve stack there should not be any oil flowing until there is demand from one of the solenoids opening a valve. In that case, use the clip. It's what we're using with a 4640 and a Red Ball 555 boom. I first saw that clip when dad bought a JD 3940 silage chapper with electro-hydraulic controls. It was finally put to use in 1984 when we got a 4430, the first JD tractor on the place. For a valve stack the SCV can be pulled back into neutral as there should not be any oil flowing.

The rubber insert is what should be used with a hydraulic motor so it can be shut off by putting the SCV into the float position. There is also one of those in that 4640 for running the main sprayer pump. There is another in the 4650 for the motor that drives the vacuum fan on the 7200 planter. There is a third one floating around here some place.

I think if the rubber insert were to be used with an electro-hydraulic valve stack that the lever would need to be locked in place as shown in one of the pictures by KTA. Otherwise the SCV may drop into float when a valve is closed.

As for using Power Beyond for a valve stack, I don't know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)