AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Expected fireworks in the market today worked out to be a dud.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WTF2014
Posted 5/3/2021 17:44 (#8985465 - in reply to #8985398)
Subject: RE: Expected fireworks in the market today worked out to be a dud.

CIL
Thank you. I appreciate your thoughts. FYI...the rest of this is not directed at you...just my musings...I'm no marketing genius. But I wonder if we have a trendline crop in the US, or even better than average, at what point do the funds suddenly abandon ship? I'm encouraged by the fact that South America is facing dry weather during a critical time for the safrina corn crop, but that too can change rapidly.

Bottom line, I'm fine with $3 corn. $4 is nice, $5 is great, $6 oh yeah, $7 sold a little there before but not much. But I grow corn and the funds don't, so I'm guessing they might jump ship quicker than me. Now I'm in an area that is fortunate enough to produce 240 to 250 in good years, more in great years. 70+ bpa beans aren't uncommon either. Bottom line, I feel like these are profitable levels. Now what is the risk....that these prices for both corn and beans will go up or down? I don't know the answer, but I'm glad I've got the harvest price option on my insurance to help cover my sales.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)