AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Micron
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WilgerIndustries
Posted 5/4/2021 10:13 (#8986786 - in reply to #8984887)
Subject: RE: Micron

I think overall you'd be talking as fine as you can manage on a surface with it getting down to where it needs to go.

For the micron size for any spraying, what you might be targetting is more of an 'ideal micron size' or VMD (volumetric median diameter) as thats where the greatest concentration of 'like' sized droplets would be sprayed out.

Our charts have a bit more info on them than most as they'd have VMD information, but keep in mind different styles of nozzle testing equipment would result in a different VMD size. So, Wilger VMD in a chart would not match a Teejet VMD as we'd be using different lab testing equipment.

That being said, I'd be targeting a spray droplet size that has a super good balance between driftable fines (which are likely to drift off target or evaporate, etc) and coverage. I find there is a really good sweet spot around like 330µ. What ends up happening is the main powerhouse of coverage spraying is like those droplets between like 200-400µ, BUT if you are targetting closer to 200µ, a lot of the spray would start being subject to drift, so smidge a bit closer past 300µ or so, and you have a thoroughly 'good' volume of good droplets for those coverage-heavy applications. Again, that ~330µ droplet size would be when looking at Wilger charts only.

I don't know if I've heard anything for testing for actual micron size for like cuticle penetration or anything like that. I'd imagine a droplet large enough to stay on the leaf until absorption (which would have a lot of plant-specific variations) without evaporating.

Hopefully that makes a bit of help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)