AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone remember Sohigro fertilizer outlets?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KDD
Posted 5/3/2021 19:13 (#8985595 - in reply to #8984108)
Subject: RE: Anyone remember Sohigro fertilizer outlets?

Leesburg, Ohio
Interned with them in the summer of '75, doing research interviewing their farmer-customers in Ohio and Indiana.
I remember seeing some farms that were sort of inspiring to me, a junior in college, deciding if I wanted to go back the farm, or pursue an off-farm career.
Visited one place near Renssalaer IN that had not one, but TWO new John Deere 4630s sitting in the barnlot. Wow, is that really possible, I thought?
Visited another Indiana farmer in his new house and huge, very nicely appointed office....I was thinking, gee, this farming thing is looking better all the time...
Anyway, so glad I came home to the farm...Dad and I bought a new 4640 and a 7000 planter in '78, my first full year home from college, to go along with his 4430, which got us off to a good start.
I have been privileged to have a great career here on the farm of almost 45 years and counting.
At age 67, I am still working with my son, having grown our operation to 2300 acres. I do the spraying and run the dryer. Hoping to continue actively farming for a few more years.
Sorry to ramble on, but this post brought back good memories.... that summer job with Standard Oil fertilizer division was eye-opening to what farming could be for a southern Ohio boy from a good, but small crop and livestock farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)