AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IPad Not Charging
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/3/2021 06:32 (#8984417 - in reply to #8983605)
Subject: RE: IPad Not Charging

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I use an iPad Pro (few years old now) in the planting tractor. I'm using it with Ag Leaders Ag Finiti program without internet access. That means the two devices communicate using the InCommand 1200 as an Access Point. My data is transferred from the InCommand to the iPad in batches. This batch transfer occurs when I switch to a new field or if I force a transfer. In other words, my iPad does not need to be awake while actually planting.

I found some confusing things about charging my iPad. One is that connected to USB via my desktop computer will give the indication that it is not charging when it really is but very slowly. If I leave it there long enough it will get charged but that is with the iPad going into sleep mode.

In my tractor I could use one of the USB ports on the InCommand to charge the iPad but instead I use a dual port lighter plug that has two USB ports with different outputs. I use the one with the larger value.

I have an iPhone 6, it came with a wall charger, My Gal has an older iPad Air II, it came with a larger brick charger. When I got my iPad Pro, it came with yet a larger brick charger. I was told (maybe not true) that I should charge each device only with the wall charger that came with it. Using the largest brick with the iPhone might damage it. Using the smallest brick with the iPad Pro would not charge it. I haven't really followed the suggestions and get along reasonably well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)