AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ag leader sprayer maximum speed exceeded for 1 Hz GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/6/2021 06:51 (#8989890 - in reply to #8989818)
Subject: BAUD rate analogy

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, the BAUD rate may be the limiting factor.

I visualize these various settings somewhat like putting bales of hay on a conveyor. The guy on the rack puts the bales on the conveyor. Another guy in the barn takes them away. The guy on the rack puts the bales on the conveyor at a certain rate and of course, this is rate that they come out in the barn.

If more help shows up, it would be possible to put the bales in at a faster rate. There will come a point where the bales can not be put in any faster since the bales are literally end to end. The only choice for faster throughput is to speed up the conveyor.

I liken the BAUD rate to the speed of the conveyor. There comes a point where we need to speed it up to get more information to pass through.

Even though you have told the system to use 10HZ, the "bales" or packets of information don't have enough space to fit on the conveyor, you may need to speed it up (increase the BAUD rate).

This is where the setting of ASAP (As Soon As Possible) comes in. This means put the bales in the conveyor as close together as possible given the speed of the conveyor.

Some might wonder "Can the BAUD rate ever be too High?" Yes, some devices do not need nor can they handle high BAUD rates.

Somewhat like faster cars, stronger whisky - doesn't always work out for the best.

Edited by tedbear 5/6/2021 06:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)