AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bench test Ag Leader versa?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/28/2021 04:10 (#8976384 - in reply to #8975844)
Subject: RE: Bench test Ag Leader versa?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Sounds as if it worked last year or is this a new install? I would create a new configuration completely from scratch. New tractor, new sprayer, new controller. Everything.

You can’t really bench test the Versa for much without the modules.

What does or doesn’t it do in the sprayer?

I get the impression that it sprays but won't control the rate. If so then put the rate in Manual and test if you can manually change the rate with the UP/DOWN keys. If not there may be a problem with corrosion in the control valve (I've seen this fairly often when I worked as a Tech) or problem with the wiring to the control valve. The control valve uses limit switches internally. Due to off season corrosion they can sometimes fail.

I'm assuming you are using a Raven Standard Control valve in the product line? These can be tested on the bench. Remove the valve and connect it to a 12V battery. If the butterfly is mid stroke then connecting either way should give some action. If the butterfly is fully closed or open about 80 degrees then the valve is fully open or fully closed. Reversing the battery voltage should cause the motor to run and the butterfly to move. The butterfly should move for about 8 seconds before the limit switch causes it to stop. Reversing the polarity should cause the motor to run in the opposite direction for about 8 seconds and then stop at that extreme. If this happens then the control valve is good.

Improper tips, plugged strainers, damaged pump etc. can all be factors that are involved. Improper meter cal or setup is certainly possible.

Edited by tedbear 4/28/2021 07:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)