AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20/20 lost GPS last night then works this morning. Happened twice. Gonna keep happening?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 4/27/2021 08:33 (#8975218)
Subject: 20/20 lost GPS last night then works this morning. Happened twice. Gonna keep happening?

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
Sunday evening Around 6:30ish I shut down tractor and monitor to eat and fill planter. Came back and started and didn’t work, fumbled with connections for a few and decided to plant without signal a while and it came back I’d say 8ish PM.

Monday I’m planting all day good and I’d say 7:30ish I lose signal again. Mess with connections and never get it going. Quit around 8:45ish and refilled and stopped for the night.

This morning help dad finish corn so I can maybe rob the satellite off his planting tractor and get bean planter started and gps (not new one) works right off the bat.

Is this a satellite thing since it happened twice in the same general time frame? If it happens tonight I have a second “hockey puck” to try. But I’m thinking this is satellite maybe? This is the 1hz PP hockey puck

The other thing I wondered about. I have row flow on this planter and a raise lower indicator switch. I have it disabled because we never got it going comfortably and I do have a 1500 5Hz receiver on the tractor cab too that’s not turned on. I’m wondering if this starts as a satellite issue and then maybe restarting is impaired by the row flow perhaps? Idk?

Edit to add. I planted beans on the 15th of April and had no issues and changed nothing

Edited by GrainTrader 4/27/2021 08:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)