AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

agleader problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 4/29/2021 14:49 (#8978989 - in reply to #8974501)
Subject: RE: agleader problem

Jeffersonville, OH
JRthefarmer - 4/26/2021 20:51

So I've been having trouble getting the isobus to work on my challenger 655c. Had the tech out today to try fix it. After a whole day of pissing around with the plugs, wires, c1000, he finally traced it up to the plug along the corner post of the cab. Guess what! That was the plug Agleader said to take apart to plug the steer command into. I haven't had a chance to talk to my agleader guy yet, but not sure what to do. I now have a $1000 bill from the agco tech.

I'm sure I cant be the only one that has had this problem. Doesn't Agleader know about it? I just installed this thing last year, so someone should've know this problem by now. It really only needs a pigtail to make it work.

OK, so what is the problem? That is where AG Leader has tied into the steering for years. As I have said in the other thread, most people once they install an AG Leader terminal in the cab, never use the AGCO display for anything other than hydraulic settings.

If the problem is you feel AG Leader should plug in somewhere else, well, there are a few other options, most of which are in the way for more functions than ISOBus. If you feel like your Ag Leader tech should have told you about the ISOBus cables, well, that would be a question for him.

I have tied in to quite a few AGCO, MF, and Challenger tractors that I knew nothing about, could not get guidance to work, and found that plug disconnected. Trimble and Ag Leader both unplug it, and hook into the tractor there...it's just one of the things we look for now. What would have been helpful, and I and a few of the other AGCO Techs on here probably would have directed you there faster, was knowing you had Steer Command in the first place when you were asking for ISO help.

Not trying to get on your case for asking question, just trying to give a little insight why they plug in where they do....
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)