AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ONfarmer
Posted 4/24/2021 12:21 (#8970386)
Subject: Planter monitor

Southwestern Ontario
Trying to use a "Sensor-1" 1-16 row monitor with a Kinze 2200, just using low rate sensors. Parts aren't open until Monday so thought I would ask here. We have the monitor reading speed from a T-harness split off from a starfire 3000.

The speed constant keeps resetting itself on the monitor. When we first bought it, there was already the default 7773 value in there and the speed was reading fine off the GPS. Now however, it seems as though we can't even properly test the row sensors. It will not let us switch modes or do anything, and sometimes randomly it'll work. It's not a power issue, as it's always got full power. The GPS speed also reads fine on our greenstar 2600 display so I do not think it is an issue with that either. The harnesses are brand new as well.

The only thing that I can think of, is that there is a fault with the planter monitor itself, because of the odd behavior, even if there was something wrong with our GPS, it should still let us switch modes and such. Also, there shouldn't be any reason that the speed constant erases itself. Even if the speed was off, I don't think that should of changed the value, since when we first got it and tried it a few months ago it was reading our GPS speed just fine.

Of course all these things happen right before you are ready to go planting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)