AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

He could have killed someone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 4/24/2021 08:36 (#8970054)
Subject: He could have killed someone

As I sit at my desk working yesterday afternoon, out of the corner of my eye, I see a 5th wheel trailer flying by, just a trailer, no truck. Before I could even jump up I hear the crash and crunch as the power goes out. I call 911. I know what happened without looking; the trailer slammed dead center through two of the local electric cooperative's connector boxes. coming to a stop about 50' further away. As I surveyed the damage this old pickup comes back and pulls in by the trailer, trying to figure out how to reconnect. When he see's there was a witness he drives over and asks if I have a skidsteer. I told him I'd use the loader AFTER the sheriff's dept comes out to make a report. Obviously not what he wanted, because I saw the undamaged safety chains hanging down on the trailer, they were never connected.

The guys at our local electric cooperative, like always, did a great job of surveying the damages and getting the needed new boxes out here promptly. They also cleaned up the total mess made of the old fiberglass and metal boxes, installed new boxes and did a very professional job of leveling off the dirt and cleaning up. It took 4 hours to get lights back on, but I have only praise for them.

While I was doing some other work outside, the guy sneaks back and manages to get the trailer hooked and out of there without my help. Pretty sure he wasn't about to give me his name or insurance. It was just so fortunate that the trailer didn't slam into another vehicle on the road, and kill or badly hurt someone, or hit my buildings or propane tank.

(IMG_2990[2] (full).JPG)

(IMG_2993[1] (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2990[2] (full).JPG (193KB - 167 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2993[1] (full).JPG (137KB - 171 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)