AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monitor Caddy: You like this one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 5/5/2009 16:11 (#703816)
Subject: Monitor Caddy: You like this one?

Panhandle of Texas

I am getting a JD 8410 mfwd, and the dealer is going to throw in one monitor caddy.  I was looking here at Shoup's caddies, and this one looked pretty good:

http://www.shoupparts.com/catalog/view.cfm?bmkName=CC30&ID=187226&Type=Product&FolderID=94996

Has anyone used this one?  Looks as though a person could mount several to this one, right?  This one is about $95.  Have you found one any less expensive?  I don't have the tractor yet, but thought about just making one.  I realize the mfg. of this caddy has done a good job for fit & finish, but $95 seems a little high for a pipe w/mounting tabs on each end (if indeed that's what it is).

I saw a new tractor the other day at the JD House, and the owner had made his own bar/caddy.  It was huge !! He kind of made it in a "s" shape, except the "s" was laying on its' right side.  Kind of looked funny, but man--it would hold a LOT of monitors!  I suppose 'to each his own', but do you know of any place(s) that sell these caddies for any less?  I have not seen one [of these factory-made] caddies up close, so I can't rag about the price.  Is it just a pipe/bar with mounting tabs on each end, or is it flat 'strap' (maybe with pre-drilled holes, or slotted holes to accomodate monitors)?

Thank you for the help.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)