AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader 1200 Auto Steer won’t center
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 4/21/2021 22:06 (#8966161 - in reply to #8965587)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader 1200 Auto Steer won’t center

central iowa
TheRedhead - 4/21/2021 17:01

We have had this Ag Leader 1200 for 4 years and never had any problems. I am running terrastar with a Kinze 3660 16/31. But we have started planting this year and I am having troubles with the auto steer centering the tram lines. If you measure the distance between the rows I will have 40 inches rows going in on direction and the other direction it will be around 20 inches “30 inch row”. I have checked and made sure that my bubble is still centered and the hitch is still centered. I have tried multiple AB lines and even tried changing the offsets in the 1200 settings but no luck. I can put 5 inch offset in the settings but it will still work out at 40 and 20 inches. Anyone had this problem or something similar?

Since you don’t say what steering system you are using I will assume steer command. And it sounds like you need to do a re cal of the steering. One thing to check before doing that (even tho it really doesn’t take that long) would be to make a new a-b, then drive it, when part way through stop and put a flag where your drawbar is. Then continue to the end and turn whichever way you want to and when next to where you flagged stop again and put a flag at your drawbar again. Measure over and see if it is 40’. Then do this same thing turning the other way. if it is always 40’ then the steering is doing its job and look to the planter and see if something is causing it to draft funny. If it isn’t 40’ then i would recal the steering and see if it corrects

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)