AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variable rate fertilzer spreader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

martincd
Posted 4/21/2021 08:27 (#8964740)
Subject: Variable rate fertilzer spreader

We have an 8 ton pull behind Doyle fertilizer spreader pulled with a 2017 Case IH 200 Magnum. This winter we switched to variable rate so we removed the transmission and replaced with hydraulic motor along with some valves and a couple other things, all supplied from Doyle. We are using 2050 Trimble monitor with a Trimble module and wiring. When we try to spread potash at 100 lbs, the chain on the spreader will stop for a second every time we hit a slight bump. At 150 lbs per acre it rarely stops, but still does. When the fertilizer spreader is sitting still and I run the spreader in diagnostics without the tractor moving, the chain never stops. We have tried a different encoder, thinking that could be the problem, but that didn't solve it. Ive got the gate height as low as it can go at 1.5". Ive talked to Doyle and they thought I needed to go faster. I can't go faster than 6 mph because the spreader would fall apart. We have exhausted most of our options at this point and I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Edited by martincd 4/21/2021 08:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)