AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader implement switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/21/2021 06:15 (#8964448 - in reply to #8963532)
Subject: RE: Agleader implement switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
From the original post, I get the impression that the tractor is being steered with Steady Steer with some type of Ag Leader display. Nothing such as population, section control, spray control is being handled with the display.

If some type of control module for seed population, section control etc. were being used than an implement switch could/would be involved which would start/stop a coverage and often rate map automatically. This does not seem to be the situation.

An Ag Leader Application Rate Module can be used for this purpose. It connects to the CAN bus in the same fashion as other modules would and has a place to plug in an implement switch. This module can be used in other ways as well. I use one on my planter to monitor but not control my starter fertilizer. My fertilizer is pumped via a ground driven pump. The fertilizer passes through a Raven RFM-15 flow meter and eventually to each row. The Application Rate Module is setup with a meter cal, planter width etc. and displays the applied rate/acre as well as a Coverage map.

As far as just a map of the planted area, one can be made by using the screen icon to turn the map ON/OFF but that is just one more thing to do on each end and is easy to forget. Some might be happy to just turn it ON and disregard the apparent doubling over as you raise and turn around on the ends. The map would be a bit messy but might still be useful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)