AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steering activation code 8335RT, AgLeader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/7/2021 08:04 (#8937665 - in reply to #8937584)
Subject: RE: Steering activation code 8335RT, AgLeader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
MGAcres - 4/7/2021 07:27

We are having a hard time locating the spot to put the activation code in the John Deere performance monitor screen to allow the 1200 to do the steering. If anyone can point us in the right direction it would be appreciated!

The procedure is necessary as I had to have this done on my 8310R to allow third party steering with an Integra which has now been replaced with an InCommand 1200. Sorry I don't know the procedure but the Deere tech who installed mine said that a Trimble third party unlock was already present. Apparently someone installed the Trimble unlock when my tractor was out on lease to a local vegetable processing plant before I took ownership. I asked him if the Ag Leader unlock replaced the Trimble or were they both present? He did not know.

For what its worth, mine worked fine but would not reliably engage at times. Turns out it was the Deere engage switch. The switch is a complex affair and makes contact between a pair of terminals when pushed to engage steering and also makes contact between two other terminals when released. This was done apparently for safety. My switch was bad not in the sense that it was not making contact when pushed but was not crisply returning to neutral when released. Steering would not engage next time since the system felt it was unsafe. Replacing the switch took care of that problem.

I suspect Mountain Dew or some other sticky liquid got spilled on the auto engage switch while the tractor was on lease to the vegetable company as that happened to another switch on one of my other tractors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)