AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What kind of nozzles do you suggest?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WilgerIndustries
Posted 4/7/2021 13:24 (#8938156 - in reply to #8938022)
Subject: RE: What kind of nozzles do you suggest?

Gotcha gotcha. With that in mind, I think you'd be looking for coarse as a minimum.

Kinda like I mentioned, the tough thing with just relying on the COARSE category is you can be anywhere from like 5-22% driftable fines, which is a HUGE difference. Thats why our charts come with the extra info to try tailor it down.

As far as a nozzle option, if you are looking for a nozzle that has a fair bit of VERY COARSE in its chart, you'd be in the right place. If you were wanting to be nominally coarser, you could try settle for spraying in the VC to Extremely coarse nozzle which would cut down drift a lot still (usually like 7% or less ) At least then you'd be closer to where you'd want to be to keep your coverage high enough to keep you happy on that front.

As far as adding drift retardants, as long as they don't antagonize the chem (I'm less in the loop as far as chem mixes that'll make it worse), then they can try reduce drift by like that 20-40%, which is a big deal upon itself when paired with a good nozzle.

As far as swapping to 30" rows, that'd be one way to be able to use larger nozzles on that 110° nozzle and such, So, you might be using a 110-04 or 110-05 size, which would give you a lot better choice of trying to target that middle-ground VERY COARSE spray quality, and keep your nozzle size large enough that it would be less likely to be dealing with plugged nozzles.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)