AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More questions about UTV riding in South Dakota ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format
Posted 4/6/2021 21:58 (#8937236)
Subject: More questions about UTV riding in South Dakota ???

West Central Iowa
I know we need a South Dakota ATV/UTV permit, but if we do not want to trailer to other riding areas, do we need to get the temporary permit to drive on the roadways? If we need the permit, what equipment is all required to make our units street legal? Do we need turn signals, horn, rear view mirror and a license plate bracket with a light? Or if we pay for the permit do they kind of "overlook" the other stuff, especially if we aren't horsing around. Not really worried about my own Ranger, as it will have all of the required equipment on it, but I don't know about some of the others in our party. In Iowa we can ride on county gravel and blacktop roads ( may just be for farm use) and can just cross state highways. We do need a DNR sticker for public lands.

We are staying on hwy 85 maybe 5 miles from the Wyoming border, so do we need a Wyoming trail permit if we cross the border? I THINK I read something that made me believe that street legal vehicles did not need a trail permit in WY, does this sound correct to you? So if we get the temporary SD highway license will that work on the trails in WY?

Also, could you recommend some trails or areas that would be good for us to start with. We will be using Avenza MVUM maps on a GPS equipped IPAD, so I THINK we should be able to find our way around OK.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)