AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are used car prices rising?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 4/7/2021 06:20 (#8937481 - in reply to #8936908)
Subject: RE: Are used car prices rising?

East of Broken Bow
Cars, pickups, ATVs, UTVs, Jet Skis, Snowmobiles, canoes, kayaks, etc are all up, IF you can find them.

We were talking about getting kayaks for a couple years, waiting for the kids to get a little bigger. Last year with Covid, we decided to get a couple. In the past, stores everywhere would have them available, usually several to choose from. Not last summer. Ordered a couple from a store that wasn't price gouging, and it took 2 1/2 months. 2-4 weeks at the places that were price gouging.
My old 1999 ATV died in February. Ordered a new one from a dealer that didn't price gouge. Showed up 2 weeks ago. Could have sold it for $700 profit in the parking lot of the dealership. Called 4 different dealers, and only found ONE used ATV that was cheaper than I gave for my new one. Know of one dealer pricing ATVs out at full list, plus $150 setup, plus $150 destination charges, plus paperwork fees, and even they are sold 2 weeks out.
A year ago in February, our local dealer had something like 20 used units on hand.
Crazy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)