AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running dos program on xp
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

curlys11
Posted 11/20/2006 09:50 (#63693)
Subject: Running dos program on xp

I transferred all my program files to a new computer after my old one was hit by lightning and started doing strange things. The programs that I had install disks for I used those and transfered just the data files. New computer is a Dell DXP061 running a Intel Core 2 cpu 6400 @ 213 Ghz with 2.00 GB Ram Came with Windows xp Media Center version 2002 SP 2 installed.

I have a old accounting program that uses dos for running balance sheets and financial ratios. Ran fine on my old xp pro computer. When I try to run on the new computer a empty dos windows comes up on the screen, hard disk is accessed screen goes to light shade of black, hard disk is accessed again, screen goes to dark black and stalls out. When I used the task manager it says program is running and I have to end the program manually.

I also have a problem with a wireless network that we use between 5 farm sites spread over a 2 mile radius. The network shares about a dozen computers and have always been able to share files and printers. After installing my new computer I can see all of the network but when others try to use shared printers or files access is denied and a password is asked for. Haven't ever set up a password so don't know how to change it.

Any suggestions
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)