AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pellet stove insert
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

conservation cop
Posted 3/24/2021 07:16 (#8912531 - in reply to #8911986)
Subject: RE: pellet stove insert

Gettysburg, PA

I like the pellet stove, it is a bit difficult to clean out, which I try to do regularly to keep it efficient. We use it to heat the whole house, but, our house isn't real big and we have two bedrooms closed off. So, it's job is to heat about 1400 square feet all winter. It is more of a space heater than a whole house heat source, but, the living room and kitchen are one big room in which we spend most of our time and it heats that area just fine. The master bedroom and bath are the rooms furthest from the stove and they are much cooler. I don't mind that, but, my wife isn't the biggest fan. Speaking of fans, the fan on the pellet stove can be adjusted and at lower speeds it isn't very loud. When it gets quite cold and the fan is going to town pushing out the heat, it is loud. For us, we get used to it, but, I am sure guests to the house would say it is too loud. I think most folks would not use this as their primary heat source but we are cheap and I just like the idea of a somewhat renewable heat source vs. oil or propane.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)