AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wireless bridge??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

oldbones
Posted 3/17/2021 20:48 (#8900025)
Subject: wireless bridge??

Floyd County, Iowa
Ok, I'm not a technical person I guess. I'm wanting to get internet to my shop, and here's what I have.

House is approx 50 feet from the shop.
The attached garage is on the shop side of the house. Garage is insulated.
House has steel siding. The shop has steel exterior, insulated, and steel interior. No windows.
An overhead door and walk door for the shop, both steel insulated, are on the house end of the building.
We have fiber optic internet to the house, with a router in the center of the house.

When I have either the overhead door or the walk door open on the shop, I can pick up the router from the house if the laptop is in line-of-sight to the house, but the signal is not strong.
A CAT5 cable is out of the question, buried or otherwise.

That leaves wireless. The bridge would be uninterrupted line of sight from the house to the shop. Also, it doesn't have to give wifi to the whole yard, just beam i'net to the shop.
Would someone please tell me what I should be looking for? I've been told a wireless bridge, but I need to know what I need, from one end to the other, to make it work.
I assume that there are different grades/(speeds?) available, and will decide which one when I get a "package" together, but I don't know what all I need.
I'm not sure what level we have for speed, but I know it's basic.

Thanks.

edit: Would like to keep it as inexpensive as possible, of course.

Edited by oldbones 3/17/2021 20:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)