AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Wife’s Suburban
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Viper2bn
Posted 3/8/2021 20:24 (#8880863 - in reply to #8880334)
Subject: RE: Another Wife’s Suburban

Lottsburg VA
I operate a shop as well as my farm, we are gm foremost followed by dodge, but only diesels. I cannot count how many 5.3 engines I've replaced just after the 100k mark. The 5.3 was as tough as they come until the switch to afm, the aluminum block engines are known to be a problem, several class action suits that gm knew the problems and hid from the responsibility. The rings are low tension and will burn oil, and when they start it's a lot of oil. I have seen some engines fouling spark plugs between oil changes with less than 50k on them. I know of 3 5.3 engines that I replaced with gm crate engines that died before the crate engine warranty expired, and the warranty only applies to the first one. Lifter failure is very common, and heads have to come off to fix them. I have only been gmy entire life, but I would never buy another vehicle with a 5.3. I had hoped that they fixed the engines on 2014 when they went to direct injection, but nope se problems with a few new ones thrown in. I'm not saying you need to get rid of it just be aware of what's coming sooner than later. These engines with a good warranty can cost 5k+ installed, and whatever you do leave the jasper junk out of the picture, they fail fast and are terrible to get any warranty out of.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)