AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running power washer hose in and out through the wall
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 3/3/2021 17:37 (#8870848 - in reply to #8870400)
Subject: RE: Running power washer hose in and out through the wall

I purchased a 12" long 3" dia aluminum pipe nipple from McMaster Carr. Then I welded a 6" x 1/4" thick square aluminum plate large enough that I could get 12 long building screws through it at the perimeter of aluminum square plate. 1/4" HD exterior grade foam tape applied to back side of aluminum plate that mounts to building for waterproof seal, silicone also was used a little bit. The square plate is welded just behind the threads of the nipple. This way nothing rusts. Then drilled hole through my building with hole saw for the pipe to slide thru tight, and on the back side or inside, I made another square aluminum plate, Bored the inner hole to snugly go over the nipple and also drilled 9 holes for mounting the aluminum plate on the inside. When I ordered the 3" nipple, I also ordered 2 aluminum pipe caps.
I bead of silicone went around the inside plate and where pipe nipple comes thru. I can always remove this if I need to in the future.

Works good, I run my power washer hose, some electrical and air hose thru it, but mostly I use it when I use my blast cabinet. I have a 185 CFM compressor I can run outside, then run large air hose thru the wall and connect to my shop air system with a series of valves...works slick.

Electrical, I have since installed outside strategic placed boxes for 110 and 220 volt ( weather proof ) and then the same for air. Lot less messing around using the through pipe, but I do use it and would do it again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)