AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

600D series Challenger FWD drive shaft warning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Berks Bushels
Posted 3/2/2021 08:28 (#8867619)
Subject: 600D series Challenger FWD drive shaft warning

South Eastern PA
Just had my second experience with the single bolt that holds the yoke onto the four wheel drive, output shaft at the front of the transmission.
First go around was a 2012 665D with 4300 some hours the bolt backed out and left the cross and bearing, and yoke move front and whip side to side enough to badly ventilate the oil pan. These pans are a double drop on either side of the FWD shaft.
Second was a 2014 645D with 7200 hours we had the shaft shield down to replace the rubber isolators that hold the shield in place and by looking up between the cross and bearing and the yoke there is a small opening that I could see something that didnt look quite right. There was also a bit of rust dust around the opening.

This is the bolt and large washer after tumbling around in there for who knows how long. If you have one of these or similar Massey it would be good idea to check it out. The first one cost some big dollars beings the engine did not get shut down soon enough.

The dealer actually found some type of service bulletin in the Agco data base about that bolt needing to be checked periodically. From what I hear the issue may not be widely known but with some of these tractors getting up in hours there could be more waiting to come apart.

Edited by Berks Bushels 3/2/2021 08:45

(20210215_105636 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20210215_105636 (full).jpg (55KB - 14 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)