AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

farm equipment photography
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

illfarmr
Posted 2/25/2021 12:57 (#8857509 - in reply to #8857005)
Subject: Where are you located?

Central Illinois
I’m sure he is retired now, but their was a guy from Moline that did such work. I became acquainted with him thirty years ago when he came down for a farm magazine to take professional pictures for the magazine and a sister publication, but different topics. He spent a day on what he was hired to do, then spent another day on some other stuff we were doing, just to have in his portfolio if someone wanted something.

Maybe ten years ago, we had another professional crew come down from Milwaukee to make a seed corn commercial. They took pictures of about everything in our shop and grain center, but brought their own “farmer” actor in. Anyway, Deere had thrown some money in the pot, so they wanted Deere’s name displayed. The funny thing was that for everything else, it could be shown, but not the label, brand or ID. So, when they showed the back of one of our pickups, the Ford label was covered by color matching duct tape. The actor had on a Carhart jacket, and the lab l had to be covered. One scene was in the shop with the “farmer” working on our combine. On the work bench on the far side, all the spray cans and bottles with names on them had to be turned around. So, everyone knew it was a Ford pickup, but the logo was covered. Everyone knew it was a can of WD-40, but the can was turned around. Every farmer in the world knew it was a Kinze grain cart, even if the name was covered. Honestly, I never knew Duct tape came in so many colors. Their “setup” guy had over a hundred different colors. So, anything could be in the picture, just not their name.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)