AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freezer beef question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Dirtfarmer1000
Posted 2/24/2021 09:04 (#8854890 - in reply to #8854736)
Subject: RE: Freezer beef question?

Alberta
IMHO, its not worth my time or trouble to break it down further than 1/2s. I sell on the rail whole or halves. Buyer decides the cuts and pays cut and wrap. This way the buyer gets cuts, package sizes and thickness of steak they want and I am not left with a bunch of packages I cannot get rid of. My packer will only custom cut down to 1/2s. If a buyer wants 1/4, I tell them its up to them to find someone to share with, decide on cut and wrap packaging and slit the meat between them. There are not always even packages of steaks, roast, hamburger etc. The price of a 1/4 of beef should not really scare anyone. I spend that alone on my grocery bill every other week. I am sure if they are buying meat at the grocery store, their meat costs alone are going to be 100 bucks plus if they want a package of steaks and hamburger for the family. If I know my customers well, I will tell them They can pay me whenever, I am very ok with installments from people I know and some people will pay me in 3 or 4 payments. As long as I get paid by the next beef they get, it works for me. If people want something such as farm raised beef, they will find a way to pay for it, if they cant, its not up to me to make it affordable. I am not sure about the US, but in Canada, we cannot take our beef out of the province to sell it, what the buyer does with "their" beef is up to them. As long as it is killed and packaged at a provincially inspected plant, if I want to sell it package by package out of my freezer, I can do that but I don't want the trouble, if they want to by it fresh or package by package, there are lots of butcher shops who are in the business of doing that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)