AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Demco Sidequest Mounting Brackets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RCFarmer12
Posted 2/23/2021 12:47 (#8853109 - in reply to #8852853)
Subject: RE: Demco Sidequest Mounting Brackets

S Nebraska
tedbear - 2/23/2021 10:26

I'm not positive but I don't think this needs to be a problem.

I believe that the IVT brackets may fit your power shift tractor just the way they are. I had/have two sets on powershift tractors. The side plates are flat and bolt right on the casting between the engine and transmission. With an IVT, the hole pattern is the same but the IVT has a bulge in the casting. I believe that the IVT brackets merely use some spacers to space the brackets out over the bulge. If so, the brackets you have might fit right on without any change. It might be possible to remove the spacers and bolt them directly to the tractor as would be done with the power shift brackets.

Here's yet another possibility. I bought a used SP sprayer and no longer need my 3 point sprayer with SideQuest tanks etc. I wanted to sell it all to go to one person but it hasn't worked out that way. So far I have sold the SideQuest tanks to a local farmer. He is going to fab some pipes to use them with his Deere track tractor as he has done with another set. That means he has no need for the side brackets for a power shift wheel tractor that went with the tanks. He might be interested in selling off those side plates which would work for you. They definitely will fit on a power shift 8xxx as that is how I used them.

I sold my Raven flow meter, control valve and ON/OFF valves to him also. I still have the sprayer and the Ace hydraulic pump I used for sale. They are listed in the Classifieds.

I called Demco and the guy told me there is no way that IVT brackets would fit the 16 spd power shift. Maybe they say that to get you to buy the new brackets. Depending on cost to ship the brackets, I would be interested.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)