AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

insectcide on Iowa corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ISUAGSTUD14
Posted 2/22/2021 15:46 (#8851281 - in reply to #8851056)
Subject: RE: insectcide on Iowa corn

NE Iowa
Saw a lot of acres with smartstax and Qrome protection get eaten up with rootworm this year. Glad that wind and the drought came through to expose it, otherwise we would’ve had unexplained poor yields. AMVAC is promoting a liquid product called Index. It’s a totally contained system that needs to be applied in furrow through a dosatron. IIRC it’s about $1200 to add to a planter currently set up with liquid in furrow. Aside from that, the low concentrate dry insecticide wins for me. I don’t like the high concentrate formulations because a guy not far from me had metering issues with an HC product. Also realized he didn’t have as many granules in the furrow compared to the low concentrate. Again, probably wouldn’t have noticed if we didn’t see heavy pressure in 2020. Smart box systems can be bought used very reasonable. Just make sure you get the new generation (green or blue sticker on motor). Local AMVAC rep said not to be scared of used systems. Clean them up and calibrate annually. IMO all Capture in furrow is good for is wire worms.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)