AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Asking for help on deciding over trimble or raven
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Eric from Canada
Posted 2/23/2021 07:23 (#8852472 - in reply to #8848591)
Subject: RE: Asking for help on deciding over trimble or raven

Quebec, Canada
What are you doing with the coverage maps? If it is just to have a visual of where you have been in the field then grab an android phone or tablet and download Field Navigator for free. Tell it how wide your passes need to be and then it uses your phone’s gps position to give you a light bar and coverage map. Try it out driving in a parking lot or walking through a park to get a feel for how it works.
Most smartphone gps are accurate to a few meters (which is fine for testing) but you’ll want a Bluetooth GPS receiver to be more accurate. I’ve heard good things about the Garmin Glo 2, but there are lots of options. For under a few hundred dollars you can get a 10 inch android tablet with a case, Bluetooth GPS receiver, some kind of RAM mount for the tablet and have a decent light bar system.
Field Navigator does let you export the coverage maps, but I don’t know what programs can read them. FieldView cannot read them and I haven’t tried anywhere else.
This setup is easy to move between vehicles, but cannot do any steering or section control.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)