AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7 point plugin on back of tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/21/2021 08:38 (#8848126 - in reply to #8847666)
Subject: RE: 7 point plugin on back of tractor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
GcDm2010 - 2/20/2021 21:53

Should be. But do check your tractor and implement's wiring. All tractors and implements meet a standard now, but it wasn't that long ago that I had to move wires around if my unit was switching between a Deere or New Holland.

Good Point, the wiring is/was not completely standardized between different tractors at one point in time. Many years ago a New Cat tractor with a new C-IH planter was brought to the shop where I used to work to have a fertilizer system installed. The fold box for the planter seemed to be dead so the guys couldn't unfold the planter.

Turns out the C-IH planter was expecting constant power on a particular pin and used it for the fold box power. The Cat folks had decided that the pin would be used for auxiliary lights and was "hot" only when the lights were turned On. This meant that the farmer would need to turn the lights on anytime he wanted to fold or unfold the planter.

It also seems that the expected load on these circuits was not standardized. I believe New Holland had only a 10 Amp fuse or circuit breaker to one pin where others had a 20 Amp for the same pin. If the external load was fairly significant, the 10 Amp circuit on the New Holland would blow or trip.

Edited by tedbear 2/21/2021 08:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)