AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting on MN CORS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Busboy
Posted 4/27/2009 23:13 (#695316)
Subject: Planting on MN CORS

We have done some planting using the MN CORS system, and I thought I'd share our views so far. We are using a HTC phone, RTK connect, 500 and EZ Steer.

Very impressed with the EZ Steer! Running it on a TG NewHolland, and we could not be happier with the steering. Bring it in close to online, hit the pedal, and it's staying online way better than we could have imagined.

The 500 is less impressive. Having to play with the settings to try to stay ahead of the rebooting situation is totally unacceptable. With a consumer level device, you shouldn't have to try to eliminate satellites from the mix during some parts of the day, only to try to grab more later on. Trimble needs to fix this now!

RTK Connect works well, as long as the MNDOT system works well. They are having some issues with the MNDOT system, and it reverts to RTK float once in while. They are aware of it, and are working to remedy the problem. It can get a little frustrating when you get bounced off of guidance, but I am confident that they will get it fixed quite soon. This will be a very viable option to use for guidance.

CLewison (Chris) has been very good to work with, and has worked us thru' the issue of the rebooting, even tho' he didn't sell us the 500.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)