AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me choose a guidance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

neo_ag
Posted 2/20/2021 07:53 (#8846128 - in reply to #8846072)
Subject: RE: Help me choose a guidance

northeast ohio
If it’s guidance only then a used EZGuide250 with a new EZSteer will get you started. However, about year two you will be looking to replace the 250. The EZSteer will remain viable to work with any of the more advance Trimble displays with more capabilities. New EZSteer also because used prices are too close to new with warranty.

IMO - if your sprayer has a Raven 440/450 controller and planter has half width clutches, then skip the 250 and go with a EZGuide 500 and EZBoom or FMX with FieldIQ and Rate and Section Module. These are outdated displays, but if you are wanting to start out inexpensively and achieve some early ROI this may be the way to go.

I have only provided Trimble options because that’s what I have learned and our dealer initially supported. Cabling guides from any brand are your best tool when buying used. Cost depends on how much of a hurry you are in to get it up and running. As reference, since last fall we have pieced together a used TMX2050 WAAS, EZSteer and Field IQ with master and 12 section switch boxes and RSCM raven replacement for under $4000. It’s going in a Case 2670.

EZGuide 250 Cabling for basic guidance then add steering and radar output to planter and sprayer controllers. https://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-415276/EZ-G_250...

Future - Same EZSteer and a display with more capabilities (CFX, FMX, GFX750, TMX) for direct rate control, section control and/or seed monitoring. https://modernaginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/fmx_cabling-guide...

Edited by neo_ag 2/21/2021 06:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)